- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-rosemary-or-basil-infused-oil
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Slow Cooker Rosemary or Basil Infused Oils - perfect for stirring into soup, drizzling on pasta and vegetables, and dipping with good Italian bread.
- 1 cup mild olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Place the oil and the rosemary (or basil) in the insert of the slow cooker. Cook on high, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then turn the cooker off.
- Allow the oil to cool for about 20 minutes, and then pour it through a sieve lined with a clean paper towel or paper coffee filter into a metal bowl. When the oil is completely cool, transfer it to a clean glass jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month; after that the flavor may fade. The oil may cloud under refrigeration, but it will become clear again at room temperature.