- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-paella-shrimp-chicken-and-sausage-dish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Slow Cooker Paella-Style Shrimp, Chicken and Sausage Dish. Add Spanish flair to any dinner or holiday meal with this paella style dish.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken meat, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian or Spanish sausage, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 large onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- saffron threads, for color
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between your fingers
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 package frozen tiny peas, thawed
- Brown the sausage and chicken pieces with the onion slices in a little olive oil in a non stick skillet and transfer to slow cooker. Pour in the broth and tomatoes and add the spices. Stir in the rice and saffron threads. Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 2-4 hours, or until meats are done and rice is plumped. Add the shrimp and the peas; cover with lid and continue to cook until shrimp are opaque and done, approximately another hour. Sprinkle with capers, right out of the jar, just before serving.