- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Dorothea's Slow Cooker French Style Meatloaf. Original recipe from the kitchen of Dorothea Loescher, a true lady of grace.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground ham
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gently mix the first 6 ingredients thoroughly, then add the egg yolks and seasonings, mixing again. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the meat mixture. Form into a loaf and place in a buttered (or non-stick sprayed) slow cooker. Dot top of loaf with 2 tablespoons butter. Cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, or high setting 4-5 hours. Serve with parsley buttered new potatoes and a nice vegetable.
- Original recipe from the kitchen of Dorothea Loescher, a true lady of grace, adapted for crockery-style cooking by Wendy Louise
- A Tip from the Kitchen Separating your eggs and Beating the whites stiff, before folding into a meat loaf makes for a lighter, more delicate loaf.