- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 14, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chipotle-black-bean-chili
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Please note: This recipe calls for one chipotle chili in adobo sauce. This is located in the ethnic section of most major supermarkets. DO NOT use the whole can. Unused chilies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or puréed and frozen for
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned
- 2, 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen, sweet corn kernels
- 1, 20-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1, 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 sweet onion, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, plus 1 teaspoon sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the ground beef, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and cumin; stir well.
- Finely chop the sweet onion, garlic, and chipotle chili; stir well to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to low. Cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- To serve: Ladle the chili into bowls and serve with a selection of toppings. Potential toppings include cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado chunks, fresh diced tomatoes, and diced onions.