- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-cheese-fondue
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Italian fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- bite-sized cubes of focaccia or French-bread
- When the wine is very warm, add about 1 cup of the cheese mixture to the wine and stir. Leave the insert uncovered, and when the first batch of cheese has melted, add another cup of the cheese mixture and stir. Continue in this way until all of the cheese has melted and the wine is incorporated into the mixture. Turn the slow cooker to LOW and serve. Fondue forks, wooden barbecue skewers, or table forks can be used to pierce the bread cubes and dip them into the cheese mixture.