- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-breakfast-scramble-casserole
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 9 ounces thinly sliced or shaved deli ham
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 12 larges eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2. Pour the frozen potatoes into a large bowl and combine with the onions and scallions. Arrange 3 1/4 cups of the potato mixture in the bottom of a low cooker. Place a few slices of ham over the potatoes. Combine the Cheddar cheese with the mozzarella and parsley. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese over the ham. Continue alternating the layers of potatoes, ham and cheese in the slow cooker, patting and smoothing each layer as you go, finishing with the cheese.
- 3. Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and refrigerate at this point, of desired, or cover and set the heat on low and cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- 4. Just before serving, place the large pieces of bacon on top of the casserole and serve hot.
- 1. Gloss the pot of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or use a slow cooker