- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 6, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-bbq-chicken-wings
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Cut off the chicken wing tips and discard. Separate each wing at the joint into two pieces. (Click here for a photo tutorial on how to do this.) Place the wing pieces on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat the broiler. Broil the wing pieces about 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes per side, until nicely browned. Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar, and mustard until blended. Pour over the chicken pieces in the pot and toss gently until completely coated. Cover and cook on the low heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours, or until the wings are tender. Serve hot.