- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Juicy, tender meatloaf packed with excellent flavor. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed carrots for an old fashioned dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices deli ham, or as desired
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, or as desired
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Touch of soy sauce for taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lay a 24-inch long sheet of parchment paper down on a flat surface.
- Combine and knead together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion soup mix, barbecue sauce, garlic, egg, flour, and black pepper in a bowl. Place the meat mixture down on the piece of parchment paper, and pat it into a rectangle shape about 10x16 inches. Lay deli ham slices down on the meat, keeping a 1-inch margin around all sides of the rectangle. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over the ham. Carefully lift up the short edge of the meat square with the parchment paper, and gently nudge and roll up the meat. Seal the edges and ends well. Place the meat roll into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- While the roll is cooking, combine ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and soy sauce, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove the roll from the oven, and spread the ketchup mixture over the roll. Return to the oven for 15 more minutes.