- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/shrimp-scampi-with-basmati-rice
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe to cook Shrimp Scampi with Basmati Rice. This is a quick and easy, yet elegant and satisfying, week night dinner recipe from Chef Sam Gugino.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, in or out of the shell
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 sprigs parsley, preferably flat leaf variety
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. While the hot-water tap runs, put the rice in a 2-quart saucepan. Add 2 cups hot tap water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and keep covered until ready to serve. (Or put the rice, 2 cups hot water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a 2-quart microwave-safe container. Cover and put in a microwave oven on high power for 10 minutes. Keep covered until ready to serve.)
- 2. Meanwhile, if using shrimp in the shell, peel the shrimp but leave the tails on. Put the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. peel and chop the garlic. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3. Add the shrimp to the skillet, increase the heat to medium, and cook for 2 minutes on one side. While the shrimp cook, season them with salt and pepper to taste. Juice the lemon half. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 1 minute. Then add the lemon juice and wine to the skillet. Raise the heat to high and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to mix well. chop the leaves of the parsley and cut the butter into 4 pieces.
- 4. Add the parsley and the butter to the skillet. Stir just until the butter is melted and incorporated, giving the sauce a creamy texture. Remove from the heat and serve with the rice.