- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Shrimp Mojo de Ajo. Mojo de ajo means "gravy of garlic." Just think of it as delicious.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound shrimp , rinsed, shelled, and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic flavored Tabasco® sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a shallow pan or ovenproof baking dish by greasing it with some of the unsalted butter. Lay shrimp in one layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, lemon juice, oregano, Tabasco®, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the shrimp in the dish. Dot with the remaining butter.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Serve immediately with French bread for sopping up the leftover juices.