- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup, simple syrup or agave nectar
- 4 ounces bottled passion fruit juice - 1/2 cup - such as Looza brand
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau - 1 tablespoon
- 2 ounces white rum - 1/4 cup - such as 10 Cane brand
- 1 ounce coconut rum - 2 tablespoons - such as Malibu brand
- 2 teaspoons lime juice -- juice of 1/2 lime
- ice cubes
- 2 maraschino cherries
- In a spice grinder or coffee grinder, finely grind the coconut. Pile the coconut on a saucer.
- Dip your finger into the corn syrup and run it around the rims of 2 glasses. (Don’t cheat and use a lime half, because the coconut won’t stay on the glass.) Dip the rim of each glass into the coconut, making sure the rim is coated.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the passion fruit juice, Cointreau, white and coconut rums, and lime juice. Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake. Strain into the coconut rimmed glasses and add a cherry to each glass. Serve immediately, taking care not to slosh the coconut off the rim.