- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/seared-scallops-with-lime-jalapeno-aioli
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Sea Scallops with Jalapeno Lime Aioli. A light and simple dinner served with crusty bread and a hearty salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 large sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- Jalapeño Lime Aioli:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Prepare the aioli: Stir all aioli ingredients together until well blended. Stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, this keeps for about 2 weeks.
- Prepare the scallops: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot, then add the scallops. Sear on each side, after sprinkling with salt and pepper to taste.
- To Serve: Squeeze Jalapeño Lime aioli onto plates in a attractive pattern (a squeeze bottle helps), then place scallops on the plate and squeeze more aioli over the top.