- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Seared Scallops with Cranberry Lime Sauce. This easy dish will make your friends think they are eating restaurant food.
- Cranberry-Lime Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 medium to large sea scallops
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- minced fresh chives or finely minced lime zest
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and salt. Sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the cranberries, juice and lime zest. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, purée the mixture until smooth. Return to the saucepan, cover, and keep warm over very low heat.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 1 minute. Add the butter to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the scallops are browned. Turn the scallops over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on the second side. Using a slotted metal spatula, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cranberry-lime sauce on the center of each of 4 plates. Divide the scallops among the plates and garnish with chives or lime zest.