- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Bay Scallops with Lemon Basil Crumbs. You will be serving this lemon pesto dish all year round.
- 1 1/3 pounds fresh bay scallops
- 1 small lemon, halved, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon pesto (see related links below for recipe)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups coarse dried bread crumbs*
- Serves 5-8 as an Appetizer, 4 as an Entree
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch baking dish. Place the scallops in a single layer in the baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice over all.
- Whisk together the butter and pesto in a small bowl. Add enough breadcrumbs to achieve a crumbly texture. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon crumbs over scallops and bake just until bubbly - approximately 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- * To make the breadcrumbs, use a rustic loaf with a chewy soft crust, such as ciabatta. Cube with the crusts on and process briefly in a food processor. Dry the crumbs on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven until dry - 10 - 15 minutes.