- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Sausage Giblet Rice Stuffing. Here's a nice change of pace. Stuffing made with a base of rice instead of bread.
- giblets (liver, heart, gizzard) from one turkey
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, poach giblets in lightly salted water until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove and finely chop.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, crumble. Drain bacon fat. Add sausage and mushrooms, onions and celery and cook until sausage is cooked through, stirring to break the sausage into small pieces. Add cooked rice, bacon, seasonings and giblets and blend well. You can serve this way or...
- To stuff a turkey: Fill main turkey cavity and neck cavity with stuffing.