- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/sausage-and-mushroom-quiche
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Delicious sausage and mushroom quiche perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound small fresh button mushrooms
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the mushrooms by snipping off the stems. Cut in half if large.
- Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, add the mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease. Add the parsley.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt. Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.