- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/santa-anita-racetrack-s-crab-cakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour and fresh breadcrumbs
- Place the crabmeat in a mixing bowl and separate the lumps very gently to avoid breaking apart. Make a "well" in the center of the bowl. Now add everything including the cream mixture to the center of the bowl. Very lightly and carefully toss this mixture together until all of the ingredients are combined. Refrigerate until well chilled, then remove and form into balls about 5 oz each, return to refrigerator until the crab cakes are firm.
- Bread the crab cakes in flour, then egg, then fresh bread crumbs. Fry either in a pan or Fryer at 325 degrees until golden brown. Drain Slightly. Finish the crab cake in a 400 degree oven for about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Serve with remoulade sauce, ginger slaw and black eyed pea salad. (See related links below for recipes.)