- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rozanne-gold-s-swedish-cured-salmon
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for chef Rozanne Gold's Swedish Cured Salmon. This ingeniously simple recipe takes only three ingredients to prepare, but packs a ton of flavor.
- 3 pounds of salmon, preferably the center cut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped dill, stems included
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Remove all the small bones from the salmon with tweezers. Pat the fish dry. Rub the salmon flesh with 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1 teaspoon butcher-grind black pepper, the sugar and the chopped dill. Cover with plastic wrap. Weight down with a brick or other heavy object and refrigerate 48 to 72 hours.
- Before serving, scrape off the dill and seasonings. Slice on the bias as if it were smoked salmon.