- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rosemary-garlic-beef-rib-roast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 6 - 8 pounds well-trimmed beef rib roast, small end (3 to 4 ribs)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly into surface of roast. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not touching bone or resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium-rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135Â° F for medium-rare, 150Â° F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise to 145Â° F for medium-rare, 160Â° F for medium.
- Carve into slices and serve.