- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/ron-s-meatless-meatloaf
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Ron's Meatless Meatloaf. This recipe was the 2nd prize winner in our Meatloaf Madness Recipe Contest. It is creative in that it doesn't even use meat!
- 8 ounces textured vegetable protein
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces spicy salsa
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix the textured vegetable protein with 2 cups boiling water and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes.
- Combine the tvp with the egg substitute, chopped onion, carrot, garlic and brown rice. Shape into meatloaf and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, heat the salsa in a small pot. Remove meatloaf from oven and top with hot salsa.