- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 full head garlic (don't peel or separate)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Makes 6 half cup servings
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Using your fingers, rub off the outer most white peel off the garlic (don't worry about leaving a lot of peel, roasted garlic peels easily once it is cooked). Place head of garlic in center of a six inch square of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over the top of garlic. Wrap foil around garlic and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, open foil and allow to cool.
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Peel garlic by squeezing the cooled cloves into a bowl (I could make a disgusting analogy to a teenage skin problem here, but I won't). In a large mixing bowl, purée garlic with half the butter and milk, using a hand blender or mixer. Add potatoes and remaining butter and milk and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.