- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/roasted-acorn-squash-puree
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 acorn squash, about 5 inches in diameter, halved and seeds and strings removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set the squash halves cut side up, brush them with the oil, and sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Wrap the halves in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scrape the flesh of the squash from the peel and transfer to a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the warmed chicken broth and purée. Serve immediately.
- Makes 3 Cups Freeze leftover purée that won't be eaten the next day.