- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This recipes serving size will all depend on the size of goose you but. You can also stuff it with whatever kind of fruit you like best.
- 1 goose, including giblets
- 1 lemon
- 12oz of plums
- 1 pound apples
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove giblets from the goose and put into a saucepan with 2 3/4-liters of water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced by half.
- Strain and keep the giblet stock set aside.
- Weigh the goose and calculate the cooking time at 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove the excess fat usually found around the vent of the goose.
- Rinse the inside of the bird and then rub the skin with lemon, salt and pepper.
- Chop the plums, not too fine.
- Put the plums into a bowl.
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Add them to the plums and season the mixture with salt pepper.
- Use the mixture to stuff the body of the bird.
- Put the goose on a rack in a roasting tin.
- Place in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for the time you calculated.
- Drain away the fat from the roasting pan (retaining the juices) occasionally during cooking.
- When the goose is cooked, transfer it to a heated serving platter and keep hot.