- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Ribs "N Beer. Fabulous barbecue -- ribs are marinated in beer then cooked long over low heat.
- 1 rack spare ribs (3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 quart beer
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine the beef, sugar, vinegar, and spices in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and let cool. Place the ribs in a large shallow, non-aluminum roasting pan. Pour marinade over ribs.
- Turn the ribs several times while they marinate, about 24 hours, in the refrigerator. Drain the ribs, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange the ribs on the grill and smoke 5 to 6 hours, until meat is tender, basting with reheated marinade every 30 minutes.