- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/red-white-blueberry-cheesecake-pie
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake Pie. Flaky phyllo pastry encases a rich cream cheese filling, topped with blueberries and strawberries. Summer desserts don't get much more impressive than this.
- 8 sheets (about 13" x14" each) thawed frozen phyllo dough (find it in the freezer section of the supermarket)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 cup whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- For Crust: Grease a 9" pie plate. Set aside.
- On a flat surface place 1 sheet phyllo (keep remaining phyllo covered to prevent drying out), brush with melted butter. Top with another phyllo sheet, continue to make 8 layers, brushing butter between each layer. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut the layers into one 12-13 inch circle. Carefully press circle into the prepared pie plate, gently fan edges. Bake until edges are just golden, about 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350Â°F.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Fold in 1 cup of the blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake until set, about 40-50 minutes. To prevent over browning of crust, gently cover with aluminum foil during the last 25 minutes of baking. Cool completely on a rack.
- To Serve: In a small bowl, beat jelly until smooth. Spread over cheese filling. Arrange remaining blueberries on top in star shape. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.