- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/red-peppers-infused-with-almonds
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Stuffed peppers offer a colourful and enticing way to enjoy healthy goodness.
- 6 medium to large red peppers
- 125g (4oz) strong cheese
- 125g (4oz) ground almonds
- 50g (2oz) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 125g (4oz) washed and chopped mushrooms
- 225g (8oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons vegetable stock, dry cider or red wine
- 1 peeled and crushed garlic clove
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- A mix of grated cheese and breadcrumbs for topping
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), gas mark 5. Prepare the peppers by cutting them in half and removing the centre along with the seeds. Give them a good rinse under cold water and place them in a saucepan half-filled with cold water. When the water has boiled, take the saucepan off the heat. Drain and place the peppers in a lightly-oiled casserole dish.
- 2. Make up the stuffing for the peppers by placing the cheese, nuts, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, stock and garlic in a mixing bowl, tossle the ingredients around with a spoon and season.
- 3. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- 4. Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until the peppers feel soft to the touch and the stuffing is light golden brown.