- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Real Root Beer, a refreshing natural old fashioned herb soft drink.
- 2 teaspoons sarsaparilla root
- 1 teaspoon licorice root
- 1 teaspoon wintergreen leaves
- 1 teaspoon stevia leaves (optional for sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon bark
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart carbonated water
- Simmer herbs in the water in 10 minutes, then remove from heat. Cover the pan and let cool. Strain out herbs, add carbonated water and serve.
- Lucinda Jenkins, LPN/HC, is the owner of Glenbrook Farms Herbs and Such an on-line site for medicinal herbs as well as cooking herbs and spices. They also have great selection of gourmet teas such as the Rooibos & Honeybush teas. Click here for more information or to order.