- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry preserves
- Tip: Make sure you use thick preserves or jam because jelly preserves will bleed too much and the cookie bar won't be firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a 13 by 9 inch metal baking pan with folk, spray with nonstick cooking spray, then line with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Stir in low speed for 30 seconds until blended. With mixer running, add butter, a few pieces at a time, and mix until crumbly, about 3 minutes. Press two-thirds of the crumb mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Smooth preserves over crumb base. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake in a preheated oven until light brown and preserves are bubbling, 18 to 24 minutes. Let cool completely in baking pan before cutting into bars.
- Variation: You can use an array of preserves, such as strawberry or boysenberry in place of raspberry.