- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/raita-yogurt-mint-dipping-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 cups plain yogurt (non-fat or regular)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk yogurt until creamy; stir in grated cucumber, mint, marmalade and cumin seeds if using.
- Taste sauce, then add any or all of the optional seasonings, as desired. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Stir before serving. (Raita can be prepared one day before serving.)
- Note:To roast cumin seeds, place seeds in a hot frying pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes over medium-high heat until they begin to turn brown. Let seeds cool on a paper towel.
- Makes 14 Servings -- 1/3 Cup Each