- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rainforest-cafe-coconut-bread-pudding
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Coconut Bread Pudding. This award winning tropical bread pudding dessert recipe is the from the Rainforest Cafe.
- 1 pound loaf of white bread, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, julienne cut
- 30 ounces Coco Lopez brand cream of coconut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- For Garnish:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- chocolate Shavings
- whipped Cream
- toasted Coconut
- powdered Sugar
- Line bottom of a 10 X 13 X 3 pan with half of the white bread. Evenly sprinkle half of the julienne apricots and half of the shredded coconut over the white bread. Top that with the remaining bread cubes and then the remaining apricots and coconut. Distribute evenly.
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, coconut cream, vanilla and granulated sugar until the sugar completely dissolves and the milk is tepid but not hot. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then temper them by slowly adding 1 cup of warm milk mixture while stirring. Slowly pour the egg/milk mixture back in the warm milk and stir until well incorporated. Ladle the mixture over the bread, making sure all the bread gets moist.
- Cover with foil and bake in a water bath for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one side and whipped cream on the other. Sprinkle whipped cream with chocolate shavings and dust bread pudding with powdered sugar. Finish with toasted coconut on the ice cream.