- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/radish-hot-and-sour-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Radish Hot and Sour Soup. Radishes add flavor and crunch to Hot and Sour soup.
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground (dried) ginger
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces sliced radishes, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves, shredded
- 2/3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring stock to a boil. Stir in vinegar, sugar, cayenne and ginger. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink and curl, about 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat, stir in radishes, spinach and green onions. Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.