- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rachael-ray-s-creamy-spinach
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 bags (16 ounces) triple washed spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sort spinach leaves and remove large, tough stems. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Add oil and butter. When butter melts, add shallot and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook a minute more. Add milk and Whisk until smooth. Add cream cheese and Whisk until melted. Add nutmeg. Place spinach into the pan in stages. Turn spinach in sauce, and as it wilts, add more and more greens. Season with salt and pepper.