- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup quinoa, white or red
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup green bean pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- Makes 4 Cups, Serves 6-8
- 1. Place the quinoa in a large bowl; fill with cool water, then drain. Repeat 4 more times or until the water no longer looks soapy.
- 2. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are cooked, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the stock and the water; bring to a boil. Stir in the quinoa and oregano; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add green beans, cover, and cook 5 minutes longer.
- 4. Remove from heat; stir in the salt and pepper. Let cool. 5. Add the oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Toss.
- Variation: Add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil when you stir in the salt.