- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This is a quick and easy side dish or you could make it as a main course. Quinoa is a seed that is very small and when cooked has the texture kind of like rice. It has a high starch content. It is usually brown in color.
- 1 Cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic clove, pressed
- 1 8-ounce package sliced Crimini (baby portabella) mushrooms
- 6 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 3 Teaspoons chopped fresh Herbs, divided (Thyme, Rosemary,etc.)
- 1 Cup dry White wine
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (garnish)
- Bring 2 cups salted water to aboil in medium saucepan.
- Add quinoa, reduce heat to mdeium-low, cover, and simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until onion begins ot brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and thyme.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add wine, stir until wine is reduced and the liquid is syrupy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into mushroom mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cheese if desired.