- Recipe created by FabFood on Sep 30, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/quick-salsa-chicken-and-rice
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Quick salsa chicken and rice recipe for a hearty, filling meal in a hurry.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/2-pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 2, 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (may buy generic brand to save money!)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 to 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 chopped green onions (use only green part)
- Cilantro (garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan or skillet. Add chicken and garlic, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice, water, and chicken bouillon cubes, and tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes longer, allowing liquid to be absorbed and rice to become tender.
- Toss with chopped green onions and serve at once.