- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Quick Chicken Parmesan with Angel Hair pasta recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts or 6 to 8 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup pre-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup pre-grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup spaghetti/marinara sauce
- Place rinsed, dried chicken breasts into plastic wrap, either folded in half or one piece of wrap on bottom, one on top (if using chicken tenders, this step is not necessary).
- Lightly pound chicken until about 1/4-inch thick, using meat mallet or similar device.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and oregano.
- In another bowl, beat egg and salt together.
- Brush both sides of chicken pieces with egg mixture, lightly coat with crumbs.
- Heat oil over medium-high in a heavy skillet. Add chicken and cook about three minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of chicken in last minute, remove chicken from pan and allow to drain.
- Heat sauce in pan or microwave about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer cheese-topped chicken to plates or serving dish. Pour about 1 to 2 tablespoons heated sauce over each chicken piece and serve with warm angel hair pasta.