- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 16, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/quick-chicken-parmesan-1
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Quick Chicken Parmesan recipe. Chicken Parmesan is always a hit! This Quick Chicken Parmesan recipe makes it easy to feed your family their favorite Ialian meal any day of the week.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of a long sheet of waxed paper; fold the paper over the chicken. Using a meat mallet, pound to 1/2-inch thickness; repeat with second breast; cut each breast into 2 pieces.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs; repeat until all the chicken has been breaded and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot; add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned; pour in the marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheeses; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheeses are melted. Serve over pasta.