- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 8 fresh or thawed frozen quail
- 8 ounces Italian-style fennel pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the quail and pat them dry. Tuck the wing tips under the backs. Remove the sausage meat from the casing. Mix the sausage meat with the sun-dried tomatoes. Put some meat mixture inside each quail. With kitchen twine, tie the legs together. Put the quail in a covered flameproof casserole large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the wine, rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and cook, basting two or three times, for 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until the quail is very tender and browned.
- Transfer the quail to a serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Place the casserole on top of the stove and bring the liquid to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until thickened and reduced to a glaze. Spoon the sauce over the quail. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.