- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Diabetic Friendly Pumpkin Bisque. Cubes of fresh apple, browned in a skillet, add the perfect contrast to this luscious, dairy-free soup.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 yam or sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) pured pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons minced chives, for garnish
- Transfer the hot soup to a blender or food processor and purée. Pour it into 6 bowls, Garnish each bowl with a teaspoon of the chives, and serve.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat