- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 3, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pumpkin-banana-spice-muffins-with-creamy-glaze
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pumpkin Banana Spice Muffins with Creamy Glaze. Over ripe bananas team pumpkin for the perfect autumn muffins.
- 1 cup pumpkin (I used canned), divided
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (you can use 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1 cup all purpose for extra nutrition)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- remaining cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of confectioner's ugar
- 2 or 3 teaspoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Light;y grease muffin pans -- this recipe makes about 48 mini muffins or 16 large muffins.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, cream the pumpkin, 3/4 of the cream cheese, bananas, sugar and egg. Slowly mix in the flour mixture,.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. If you add the optional crumb topping (below), sprinkle that on now. Bake for about 20 minutes if you;re making large muffins, about 12 minutes for mini muffins.
- Prepare cream cheese glaze
- Whip together all of the ingredients, you can add a little bit more or less cream depending on the thickness you prefer. Once the muffins are completely cool, spread with glaze.
- Crumb Topping Variation
- For crumb topping, mix together a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of brown sugar and a few pinches of oats to top the muffins with before baking. This is an optional step you can use with or without the cream cheese glaze.