- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Pressure Cooker Caraway Pork Roast with Sauerkraut. The addition of caraway seeds in this recipe adds a delicious nutty flavor to the pork as it cooks.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1. Combine the garlic, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to form a paste. With a knife, score the top and bottom of the roast, all over, about 1/4 inch deep. Rub the garlic mixture into the cuts.
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker over high heat. Add the roast and brown evenly on all sides. Remove the roast.
- 3. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the beer. Cook for 1 minute. Add the sauerkraut, bay leaf, and chicken stock. Place the roast on top of the sauerkraut.
- 4. Cover and bring to high pressure over high heat. Lower the heat to stabilize the pressure. Cook for 35 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the heat. Release the pressure with a quick-release method. Unlock and remove the cover. Test the roast with a fork; the fork should penetrate easily. If not tender, cover and cook under pressure for an additional 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove the roast and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Per Serving: Calories 395 (From fat 203); Fat 23g (Saturated 8g); Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 832mg; Carbohydrate 6g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Protein 40g.