- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Here's a delicious recipe for potatoes gratin, a side dish your family will love.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cups cheese, grated (your choice)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer 1/3 of sliced potatoes and onion in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper mixture, top with 3/4 cup cheese, then 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese; follow this layering process two more times; pour cream over the top; sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add remaining cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate).
- Bake gratin uncovered until cream thickens and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes.