- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/potato-broccoli-and-fennel-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 8 large Idaho potatoes (about 4 pounds), well scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) favorite ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups chopped fennel (about one large bulb), with core and tops removed
- 1 large red onion, quartered and very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced green olives with pimento (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes for garnish
- Makes 14 servings, 1 cup each
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water, add salt and bring to boiling over high heat. Add potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium and boil 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to the potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat. reduce heat to medium again, and cook until desired doneness (1 - 3 minutes). potatoes and broccoli should both be firm. Drain well in a colander.
- Transfer potatoes and broccoli to a large mixing bowl, add ranch dressing and let cool. Stir in fennel, onions, and olives, if using. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce, with ripe tomatoes as a garnish.