- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/potato-and-salmon-shish-kebabs
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 6 medium Idaho potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium onions, peeled, quartered and separated into slices
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 6 slices of fresh pineapple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 lime wedges for garnish
- 12 skewers
- (Note: if using wooden skewers soak in water for at least a half hour, so they don't scorch on grill)
- Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch round slices. Cook potato slices in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain; cool.
- On each of 12 skewers, thread ingredients in the following order: a pepper to secure food, potato, pineapple, pepper, onion, salmon and another onion. Repeat, beginning with potato, until each skewer holds about eight inches of ingredients. End each skewer with pepper to secure. Continue with remaining skewers.
- Place skewers in a 13 x 9" pan and drizzle Italian dressing over them. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until time to grill. Prepare grill.
- When grill is ready, lightly oil the grill tray to prevent kebabs from sticking. Grill kebabs, turning and basting often with barbecue sauce, about 6 - 7 minutes or until brown. Serve kebabs with lime wedge garnish.