- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pork-or-shrimp-fried-rice
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 box Konriko Wild Pecan aromatic rice
- 1/2 pound boneless pork cut into small cubes, or peeled medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning, divided
- 2 larges cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter; spread in a shallow pan and chill well.
- In a small bowl combine pork or shrimp, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning, garlic and ginger; mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Heat a wok or large skillet until hot over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil and swirl around wok till hot. Add pork mixture and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is done; remove from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil to wok and swirl in pan till hot. Add egg mixture and stir-fry 1 minute or until egg is done. Add cold rice and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onion, bean sprouts, peas (if desired), remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and cooked pork or shrimp. Stir-fry 2 minutes longer and serve immediately.