- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 30, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pork-and-cannellini-bean-stew
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds pork, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cups dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in plenty of water with 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onions and olive oil in flame proof casserole and place over medium heat. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly golden. Add the meat and stir for a few minutes, until it has lost its pink color. Pour in 3 cups water, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to the meat. Stir in the tomato paste and Simmer, covered, for another 45 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Add the chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste and Simmer for another 5 minutes. By now the sauce should be really thick; if it is not, uncover the pan, increase the heat to high, and boil, stirring regularly, until thickened. Serve very hot with good bread.