- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Here's a delicious recipe for popovers.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; grease pans and put them in the oven to preheat (pans should be hot before adding batter).
- Put eggs in a bowl and beat them until they are light; add milk, butter, flour, and salt and beat the mixture until thoroughly blended (about 30 seconds with an electric mixer). The batter should have a consistency of heavy cream; add more milk if necessary.
- Pour mixture into the pans, filling them about half full; bake for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Bake 20 minutes longer, test a popover to see if they are finished. This is important because often popovers appear fully baked when they are not actually quite finished.