- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pomegranate-ruby-port-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups pork or beef stock
- 2 cups ruby port wine
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Makes about 3/4 Cup
- Put pomegranate seeds in a cold saucepan and heat until seeds start to pop and lose their juice. Vigorously strain juice through a fine sieve to extract all the juice, about 2 cups. Boil the 4 cups of stock gently until Reduced to 2 cups. Set aside.
- Reduce the pomegranate juice to 1 cup, set aside. Reduce the port to 1 cup, set aside. Combine all three components and Reduce down to about 3/4 cups. Add the butter and serve over Wild Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.