- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/polish-pickled-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp cloth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Makes 1 Pint
- 1. In a nonreactive saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Pack the mushrooms and their liquid into a pint jar. Let the jar cool.
- 2. Cap the jar. Store it in the refrigerator for several days before eating the mushrooms. Refrigerated, the mushrooms will keep about 3 weeks.