- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/poached-salmon-with-tomato-basil-vinaigrette
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon filets, bones removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 slice of lemon
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- several handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups seeded, diced tomatoes or quartered cherry tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the filets in a pan large enough to hold them in a single layer - like a roasting pan or large lidded skillet. Add enough cold water to cover the fish completely. Add the bay leaf and slice of lemon. Bring the water slowly to a boil, cover the pan with a lid, turn off the heat, and let sit until it is cool enough to touch. Remove the fish, peel off the skin - if there is any - and arrange the filets on a platter.
- For the sauce, stir together the olive oil, basil, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and spoon the sauce over the fish.
Seafood, Fish, Camping, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Carb, Low Fat, Eating Light, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Flavored Vinegars and Oils, Gluten Free